Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Beta Tests and Ultrasound Scheduled

I did my first blood test 18 DPO (4 weeks 3 days pregnant) and my beta HCG level was 137. My second one at 20 DPO (4 weeks 5 days pregnant) was 310. It is doubling, but the overall numbers are low compared to the charts that I am finding online where the range is from 18-7000!!! My Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) said they look at numbers but also at the trend, and my trend is good (doubling in less than 48 hrs.) I will have another blood test tomorrow to see where the levels are at. Trying not to obsess over it and worry too much, but I'm going crazy that the numbers are too low. They scheduled me for my first OB Ultrasound on September 24. They said they only schedule ultrasounds if the two beta numbers are trending appropriately. I should relax, right? Symptom wise, I feel fine - a little nauseous and tired - but otherwise great!

3 comments:

  1. Deep breaths in and out and just try your best to relax. Its one of those things that varies so much so as long as they doubled you are heading in the right direction! Praying they continue to double for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers and praying for good results and low stress for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Tia! I will keep my fingers crossed too!

    Also, I was sooo happy to hear about the results of your court trial and being able to move here to the US. It sounds like life is treating you well -- and you certainly deserve it!

    xoxo

    PS> This is Kris... I moved blogs again, this time hopefully for the last time!

    ReplyDelete