I went for coffee tonight with the guy I've been chatting with (A). We met at 6:30. DH works every Wednesday until 7pm and I didn't tell him beforehand that I was going out. I planned on telling him before but I chickened out. Instead, I texted him 15 minutes before he got off work to tell him that I ran into A and decided to go for coffee. DH asked if he was invited. I said that I wouldn't be long and that I was planning to leave soon. He seemed OK with that and didn't ask too many questions when I got back (2 hours later).
Conversation was great. The more we talk the more we have in common. This guy is the first person I've connected with since moving to Washington. Lately I have been missing my friends and my old community, especially after visiting them on the weekend. This new friendship helps. There's an unexplained connection between us. I feel like I could talk to him forever. He told me that he thinks my name would go very well his last name. I laughed it off and said that my last name is very fitting for me - If you know my last name, you will know that it is my favorite hobby :)
He texted me as soon as I left and is still texting me now. By text, he is so flirtatious but when we talk in person he is a different person. Tonight he wrote, "I couldn't stop staring tonight. Had to remind myself to look up so I wouldn't stare the WHOLE time." In person he says nothing like that and it seems much more platonic. It makes me think that maybe this is just his nature - to be flirty but not mean anything by it...
I'm so confused. But I do know that I don't want to lose this friendship but it is tricky finding the line between friendship and too friendly.
No comments:
Post a Comment