The Bottom Line: I'm on the high alert medical priority list for IP. The doctor (and I'm in agreement with this) cannot see a feasible way of me stopping the b/p and restriction on my own. Believe me, I've been fighting constantly against b/p-ing. I wish more than anything that I never learned how to throw up. Ideally I want to just stop b/p but not stop the restriction but apparently they go hand in hand. You can't really stop purging without sopping restrictiong because it's the restricting that drives your mind to go on these binges which lead to the inevitable purging. My heart is showing irregular beats and I'm hypoglycemic. I never thought hypoglycemia was deadly but apparently in can be as bad if not worse than electrolyte imbalances...
This morning I screwed up (again). I slept until 10:30am and I start work at 8:30. I was 2.5 hours late! My supervisor was awesome as usual. Thank God I'm a good worker when i'm at work and I get everything done despite having to take time off so frequently for appointmetns! This allows her to be more lenient and flexible with me when shit like this happens - and it's been happening more often. I used to be able to keep everything together and I let NOTHING interfere with my work. Therefore, the fact that my work-life is slipping is extremely alarming to me. In the past even when everything was crashing I managed to keep my work unscathed. This time, it's tougher.
In light of today, I chose to open up to my supervisor about the ED and possible upcoming hospitalization. I know she'll keep everything confidential and I feel much better about getting all that off my chest. It also makes it easier when I have to book off time for appointments. I just can't believe she never showed any hints of nosiness or curiosity before when I asked for time off. She didn't ask a single question. She just listened and empathized but I could tell she was grateful that I had told her what was going on.
On the positive side: Here's the adorable new netbook I bought. It's an 8.9" Acer Aspire One in baby pink. OMG I love it! It's so portable, it's no bigger having a hard cover book in your purse.
Tia
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you've opened up to your supervisor. It does make life a little easier when you have the support of someone in your professional career.
You netbook is super cute by the way!
Take care love <3