The inevitable happened. I got the phone call from the hospital IP coordinator.
The moment she introduced herself my heart sank and I had to sit down. Her name is Tara. She was really nice, patient and caring. Apparently the doctor I saw last week is very very concerned about me (blood sugar, magnesium and potassium) and she gave my name to Tara twice to make sure that I was on the top of the medical priority list. This can't be happening. I am nowhere near sick enough for them to be this concerned! I could still stand to lose another 10 lbs (my goal) and maybe, just maybe, at that point I would consider myself 'sick enough'. I cannot rationalize that of all the sick ED-d people in British Columbia, my name is on the top of the list. They must be wrong!
Tara said there's an opening for me at the end of this month, August. Luckily for me, the doctor is on vacation until September 10th (also the date of my next appointment) and I managed to convince Tara to let me see the doctor first before making any IP plans. That buys me a few weeks of time to wrap my head around this and to figure out how to juggle work and childcare for my son. At this point I don't think I'm going to turn down the IP stay, I just want to postpone it a bit.
If not for the issue of getting time off work, I would be much more inclined to jump at going IP. I know my body is weakening and I know I need this stay, as scary as that is.
I really hope you don't turn it down. The rest of things will get figured out with help from your family. Do it for yourself and for Zach. xoxo
ReplyDeletebabe - this needs to happen. and no putting it off again when the time comes. you need to take care of this now, for you and for your family.
ReplyDeleteShould you be putting it off? I'm just worried something bad might happen before you get a chance to go in.
ReplyDeleteI know you want this but prolonging the inevitable just seems so scary to me.
Take care love.
I agree with ShanMei - if they are this worried then you shouldn't be postponing it at all. This is one of those times when you need to just forget about work - jobs come and go - and put your life, and the life of your son, first. What is the use of having a job if you aren't alive to work at it?
ReplyDelete