Monday, July 13, 2009

Zach update

Cuteness: Last night I was talking to Zach, chattering away while he was having his bath. One of the things I said was, "Mommy loves Zachy. Zach is my baby. Is Zachy mommy's baby?". He stopped playing, looked up at me, leaned over and said, "MY Mommy [emphasis on the word MY]. Hug please!" He then proceeded to kiss his hand and then put the kiss on my cheek and in my pocket to bring along with me.

The weekend was quite eventful in a non-eventful way. We did everyday things like grocery shop, go to church, go to the library, etc. but there was something different, a good kind of different. There's been a shift in my relationship with Zach. For the first time I felt like I could have a conversation with him. This made me realize just how much he has grown up and how much he understands. It made everything so much more fun because I can see his personality developing and every day brings new surprises. It's like getting to know a new friend and learning about that person little by little.

On the toilet training frontier: I cloth diaper but when we're at home I let him go diaperless with just little boxer shorts on. He hasn't done #2 in his diaper since he was 10 months old (I did the Elimination Communication Diaper-Free Baby thing until I went back to work full time when he turned 1. It worked really well and I wish I could have kept it up. He would probably be totally trained long ago if I hadn't gone back to work. Zach knows when he has to go pee because he says "pee" and then within the next 5 seconds he's peeing on the floor. He also tells me "pee in toilet", so he knows where he "should" go but doesn't tell me in time. I'm not too worried about it, I'm more impressed that we're doing as well as we are in this area especially since everyone tells me boys take much longer to be trained than girls.

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable. :) Westen is very possessive of me too! How old is Zach now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally caught up here. Zach is too cute.
    I would say the whole potty training thing is going excellently for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Zach is too cute. I think the potty training sounds like it is going very well so far! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete