I'm an accountant / mom / wife from Seattle. Struggling with a long history of ED, BPD and SI.
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Ovarian Reserve
My RE at the fertility clinic did an ultrasound today to check ovarian reserve. She was shocked to see that I had only 5 follicles where she would expect there to be 20 for my age. My FSH level was also higher than she would like (8.7) and those two things combined lead her to put my Ovarian Reserve age at closer to 40 (I'm only 29). She thinks IVF might be better since we may not have much time left to play with.
Well, THAT would explain why it has been so hard to get pregnant! I'm trying not to be devastated or to kick myself for all the years I spent entrenched in an ED. I didn't have a period for over 3 years (from 2008-2011). At the time I didn't think I would want more children, but now the damage may be done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment