Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gave Notice at Work

A bittersweet moment. Today I handed in my letter of resignation to the City (I work for the Municipal Government). This is closing the chapter on 10 years of working there. I started as a teenager and I have made such wonderful friendships. We were so entwined with that community - Z grew up there. He can walk into any  recreation centre and the staff know him and vice versa. My coworkers saw me through pregnancy with him and saw him grow up over the years. It's hard to let go of the past despite how I'm looking forward to the life ahead with my amazing husband. Some emails and FB comments I got from people when they found out I am leaving.
  • We will miss you!!
  • I wish you that the happiness you have now follows you through the rest of your life!
  • An exciting adventure awaits you!! Congratulations:) You will be missed! Best of luck!!
  • Good luck. It's been a pleasure working with you and seeing you move your way up in the ranks.
  • All the best. Wishing you happiness in your new home.
  • our loss, but a huge gain for you!
  • I wish you all the best in this new chapter in life
  • You have wonderful memories and can always come back and visit!!
  • You future is ahead of you and it is BRIGHT!!! and shiny
  • Best wishes -Follow your heart.
And lastly, from my Husband: Thank you for wanting to move down here with me. I know you are giving up a lot. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment