Tuesday, January 18, 2011

GP visit

My appointment yesterday with my GP didn't go so great. He's a really soft-spoken, gentle, infinitely patient person. He usually lets me get away with anything. Yesterday was the most firm I have ever heard him.

I'm trying hard to believe that he is telling the truth when he says, you could die at any moment. Your body can only take so much.
My body is strong. I'm a fighter. I've managed to teeter at the edge for so long... I still go to work every day, look after a very active 3 yr old, manage NOT to die. But he's afraid I'm nearing the edge and when I do fall, it'll be fast and hard. I wish I could just believe him instead of thinking - this is a load of overdramatized crap.

It's always hard to hear, "your brain is not working properly. each week I see you, your cognitive ability is more impaired." It's like hearing someone say you're stupid. Maybe I am - stupid stupid stupid.

5 comments:

  1. If you are still using aspartame (they are changing the name to AminoSweet which means we in the anti-aspartame movement have done a pretty good job.)

    But know that aspartame causes weight gain AND anorexia... it cuts both ways.

    Did you ever hear of chantingg, nam-myoho-renge-kyo...???? One chants to change one's karma. Benefits are material, physical and spiritual.

    Check out www.sgi-usa.org

    Cg

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a fighter...but you can't control whether your body gives out or not. It's always a risk, and sadly there isn't always a warning before it happens. I know it's hard to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, you need to start believing everyone else. You are the only person who cannot see how sick you are, and you need to be able to trust in others. You are not stupid, but your body and your brain are lying to you. Please believe in your doctors and get some help. I am so afraid of waking up to a post someday that says you are gone. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please listen and get the help you need before it is too late. I will be praying for you.

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete