Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The exam is over! I'm almost a CMA!

This is it: our CMA board report "exam" was over on Saturday, Jun 12!!! I am done with school now (unless I pursue an MBA... which I'm kind of leaning towards doing, maybe just because I'm afraid NOT to be in school).

The board report was a presentation, kind of like a thesis defense. This date has been etched into my mind for the past few months. We either fail as a group or pass as a group. I think this is a major flaw of the CMA program – you could potentially have a weak group member get a free ride to getting their designation. There should be some way of evaluating other group members and having that count for something, even 10%. It would make everyone accountable and give more of a push towards equal contribution. If I were to rate our group though, I would say everyone contributed pretty equally.

Our presentation was scheduled for 11:45 on Saturday. I wasn't nervous this morning or on the bus but the moment I arrived I started getting really jittery. One of my group members commented that you could see the nervousness on my face. We all decided not to practice this morning so we wouldn't get flustered. Another of classmantes eased my nervousness by saying, "You're a good presenter, you'll have no problem". Which meant a lot to me from him since he's a great talker.

Overall, I am really happy with how it went. I think we crossed all our T's, dotted all of our I's. Now all that's left is to wait for the marks to come out in August, then I will be a full-fledged accountant! I'm floating on a cloud right now.

Now I just need to find another reason to not go into complete restriction mode with eating. Before the exam I kept telling myself, "you need to eat to stay focused, to get throug the exam" but now that it's over... i don't really have any real reason to keep eating better... especially with IP looming in the near future where I will have to follow a meal plan anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Um, well, how about "you'll die if you don't eat"?!?!

    Pretty good reason to me to keep eating...although I'm the first to admit I know what it's like to believe that the opposite is true. Also, you have a little boy who loves you to pieces and wants you around for a while (as do your friends and family). If you don't get better for you, at least do it for him, for the time being, anyway. Fake it till you make it, right?

    Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the exam being done and what sounds like a good result!!! I'm soooo happy for you! MBA now?? You're starting to sound like me, never leaving school, hehe :)

    At least enjoy the time without having to worry about it. Maybe less stress will help you with eating??

    Anyway, wow, I'm so HAPPY for you! It sounds like a great job too. I have a couple of friends who work as accountants and love their jobs -- so I hope the same will hold true for you!

    ((Hugs)) I hope you get some time to relax before IP, I'm happy it won't be interfering now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, T. Keep going and find something else to keep you going and keep eating! You can do this, so hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Keep up the eating, it'll help you be better in all that you set out to do! Lots of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least attempting to eat like "regular folks" will make IP that much easier. If you want recovery, then WORK ON RECOVERY! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! i think that's great that you set a goal and accomplished it! Super job! :)

    ReplyDelete