Friday, June 16, 2017

Last day of 4th Grade

The last day of school is always a sad one for me. The closing of another chapter. Thinking about time gone by and time that could have been better spent. Firsts and lasts are big for me, so I always take a ton of pictures!
I just saw Z off on the bus to his last day of 4th grade. I can hardly believe next year he will be a 5th grader. I am so grateful and blessed. Looking back at the struggle we fought (immigration and custody) and the many hurdles we have overcome in order to move to the US, it was a nightmare going through all of that. But now we are on the other side. Z is finishing up his 4th year of school here (Grades 1-4). I just got elected as PTA President for next year. There is so much to look forward to. I just wonder if I can stay healthy enough and keep anxiety at bay enough to enjoy it all.

I have a week left at my current job (counting down the days! The environment has been toxic over the last few months and I don't know a single person there who doesn't want to jump ship). Then the week after, I start at my new job as a Controller for a local manufacturing company. It's a great opportunity and I am really excited for the challenge. My healthcare coverage will end at the end of this month as I currently get it through my job. The new job has a 60 day waiting period, so I won't have coverage for July and August. I haven't figured out what to do yet - I can get COBRA but it is really expensive, like $700/mo for just me. I am cramming in as many doctors appointments and dental appointments as I can to get all caught up before the end of the month.

I have the day off today! I am not working ANY Fridays in June which is wonderful! No big plans today - quick work out at the gym, tidy up the house a little, then go pick up Z from school and get frozen yogurt (last day of school tradition). Then we were invited to a company picnic with my new job this evening! I am nervous about meeting everyone before starting work there, but maybe it will make the transition easier when I start since there won't be as many new faces on the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment