I'm an accountant / mom / wife from Seattle. Struggling with a long history of ED, BPD and SI.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
The Official Proposal
C officially proposed just after midnight of New Year’s eve. Yes, I know we are already married, but we still wanted to do things the "traditional" way too. We met in 2011 and he wanted to get engaged in the same year that we met. He got down on one knee right after the clock struck 12 and popped the question. He didn’t have a ring yet – wanted me to help pick one out – so we looked at rings on the 1st and 2nd. I know that he ordered the ring on Friday, the 6th. I have an idea what style it might be (solitaire), based on the ones I pointed out that I liked, but in the end it is going to be a surprise as to which one he picked from the bunch. I hope it gets here soon!!! It really doesn’t matter to me what ring it is, but rather what it symbolizes. I haven’t told friends yet because they will inevitably ask, “where is the ring?”, so I am going to hold off until the ring arrives before I let the news hit Facebook, lol.
When he talked to my parents to ask for their blessing and telling them his intentions to get married to me, it was a little weird because we’re already married – but he still wanted to do things the “right way”. My parents love him and can see how genuine he is and how much he loves my son too. They welcomed him into the family and it made me feel wonderful that everyone gets along so well. Given the tumultuous history of conflicts with my mother, this interaction was a very pleasant surprise!
His parents were overjoyed when we told them the news. His dad immediately said, “hello future daughter-in-law” and his mom started crying and said it was the best news ever and that she loves me and that I am amazing. (awww) The next day she emailed and said again how excited she is and that she gets to be a grandma to my son. The part that touches me the most is that him and his family are so willing to embrace my son as part of the family with open arms. I feel so loved and welcomed by them.
Let the wedding planning begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment