Sunday, June 12, 2011

triggering people

I'm at the teddy bears picnic with my son and there's a super triggering woman here. Another mom. She is sooo skinny and she keeps looking at me, sneaking glances and probably sees me doing the same. I have this huge ache of jealousy in me and longing for that thinness. I want her body. I feel like a perv but I can't stop looking.

4 comments:

  1. I've been there too- when you see someone super skinny and you just can't stop staring...

    hang in there hun

    xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you stop and think that you were triggering her too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous does have a good point. She might have been thinking the same thing you were.

    Keep trying for *recovery* and forget about other people. There will always be people thinner than you and people heavier than you. What you want - I hope - is a healthy you who can enjoy your son, boyfriend and life in general!!!

    {{{Hugs}}}
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I relate! I know it's super creepy, but sometimes if I see someone I think is beautiful in a store or something, I get tempted to follow them around.

    As far as the eating, I hope you are doing better. The 7 hr purge fest sounds horrible. I am feeling a bit sick myself today from the continuous b/p. I can relate abotu the restricting and cutting, though for me, it's the b/p. If you ever need to talk through it, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete