Sunday, September 5, 2010

Energized?

I have all this energy, but not in a good way. In a kind of crazy, frenetic, OCD kind of way. I have never been a super-tidy person but lately I cannot stand anything being out of place. I cannot sleep either. After eating a late dinner from 9-11:30 PM (I prefer to eat later in the day, the earlier I eat the more I have to battle food throughout the day), I read and journal for a bit then I try to sleep but I can't. Then when I finally fall asleep, I wake up every hour until I can't take it anymore and I get outta bed at 5 AM. FULL OF ENERGY and wanting to equally tidy the house or cook.

The good thing is that I have also been making extra efforts to devote energy to Zach. I took him to Science World yesterday (took public transit too!) and that was exhausting but sooo worthwhile. It was a full day of walking, standing, (and not having time to eat). He missed me so much he wanted me to piggy back him everywhere.

On an intellectual note: I picked up an interesting book. It's called Severe and Enduring Eating Disorders (SEED) by Paul Robinson. It's somewhat clinical in nature but a relatively short read. It mentions condiment abuse which I am totally guilty of. I knew my salt/pepper/spice kick was outta hand, I just never knew it had a name until now :)

4 comments:

  1. where did you pick up this book? i'd totally be into reading it. i'm baaaaad with condiments too. like....it's unreal.

    do you think the energy is anxiety related? i sometimes get super nervous energy and don't realize that's what it is until i'm completely spent.

    sucks that you're struggling whole days without food. :( hope things get better.

    glad you and zach are having some good times tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the name of the book! I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm interested in that book as well? Did you buy it at a bookstore or order it online?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read that book. It's quite informative. I'm glad you're finding the time and energy for Zach. I'm having sleep issues as well. Just hang in there. We're all in this together.

    xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete