Friday, August 6, 2010

Reunion

I saw my son today after not seeing him for a week. The hospital is only 1 hour drive from my house but that's still far for a 3 yr old on a regular basis. He was so happy to see me - he kept jumping on me, wrapping his arms around my neck, kissing me spontaneously and being on his best behavior.

I feel so loved by him but I feel guilty, like I don't deserve it. I often wonder if he loves me just b/c i'm his mom. I feel fake, like I was thrown into the role of "mother" as a joke, because I have no idea what I'm doing and I can barely even look after myself!

In the hospital they have family therapy which is sooo good for me and my mom. Our relationship is volatile, enmeshed and a perpetual roller coaster. My one hope and goal of this admission is to work through some of that in a mediated setting so hopefully the 3rd person, the counsellor, will be able to provide some objective and constructive criticism.

I can't look in the mirror. I disgust myself, but I'm telling myself that I dont' have a choice right now, it's outta my hands, so "suck it up" and hand control over to the higher powers (treatment team) at least temporarily... I can always revert to old behaviors right? So for now let's try something different.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you had such a nice visit with Zach. :)

    Great news about therapy with your mom, I really hope it will help you guys.

    You CAN do this - don't revert back to old behaviours and undo all the good work you will do there.

    I believe in you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. zach clearly is the joy in your life...


    while yr logic for gaining is not exactly "right", i guess at this point, anything to motivate u to gain is better than none!...hope yr body image improves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you got to see your son! And he loves you for who you are. The family therapists there are great! Get all you can out of this admission! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he does love you because you are his mommy.. dont let this ED shatter any image he has of you.. you are stronger than this!! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youre so much stronger, don't let this ed tell you otherwise, you can beat this, it'll take just a little longer, but you CAN do it darling, stay strong and keep fighting. <333

    ReplyDelete
  6. where were you in the hosp Tianne?

    ReplyDelete