Day 1 is always the hardest. And I survived Day 1. Ya! Being pulled in all different directions by the nurses, psychiatrists, nutritionist, lab techs (blood), IV therapy, doctors, pharmacists... It took us 4 tries just go get through the initial intake interview because of all the interruptions.
I did OK today I think. Definitely less anxiety than during my last admission... but maybe that's due to the high dose of Serequel I took. Being my second time, I knew what to expect and I was already familiar with the environmemt. Not a lot has changed since the last time I was in, they have just become more strict with a bunch of rules.
Lunch was a bit stressful - the first meal I ate after being admitted - I didn't manage to eat everything on my meal plan at any meal, even though it is a pretty small meal plan, or so they say. I managed 1/2 piece of dry toast and the steamed broccoli. I have a feeling I will be soooo sick of Boost pretty soon. I am proud to announce: NO NG TUBE!!! Even if I can't eat "food-food" at least I'm drinking the Boost rather than tubed, right?
I didn't get a chance to talk to the nutritionist before I was admitted so she had ordered my trays for me and that probably added to the anxiety I felt, not knowing what would be on the tray ahead of time.
My Meal Plan (I estimate this to be about 1500-1800 cals)
B: 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 milk, 1 fruit
morning snack: none
L: 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 milk, 1 fruit/veg, 1 fat
afternoon stack: 1 item
D: 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 milk, 1 fruit/veg, 1 fat
eve snack: 1 item (cannot be fruit/veg)
Day 1 is always the hardest. I'm proud of you for going in! And doing it voluntairly is so much better than being certified. YOU are choosing treatment, its not being forced upon you. Do you get a say in how long you'll be in for? And yay for no tube!
ReplyDeleteGood job, T -- keep going! I'm encouraged by the whole tone of this entry... I can only imagine how hard it is for you, but it sounds like you're already closer to victory with the way you're owning the situation. I want to give you a great big hug! :)
ReplyDeleteWill be thinking of you!
Oh, I am so proud of you. The first days of IP were so hard for me, but it definitely got a lot more comfortable as time went on. I hope that everyday gets easier for you as you nourish your body and hopefully get to know that great people that are there. Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete-Emily
I also am so proud of you. You can do this and come out on the other side.
ReplyDelete{{{Hugs}}}
Be well!
Angela
OH BOOST. HOW I LOVE THEE. i got handed one the other day in treatment as well....
ReplyDeleteI'm very proud to see you're doing well! I'm still amazed at your strength of going into IP!
keep it up!
stay strong!!
xoxo
-Lisa
Yay good job! I'm so glad that you're getting better! i am too :) i'm very proud to say that i'm (trying)not to count calories anymore but if i do, i eat about 1,200-1,600 a day. We can both beat this. It may seem hard at first but the first part is always the hardest.
ReplyDelete