This weekend has been so relaxing because my ex has my son overnight, from yesterday morning until tonight. I'm writing this from our hotel room in Lynnwood, WA. This is the first time in a long long time that I've been able to shop, try on clothing, browse in a bookstore, without getting up and running after him or trying to keep him occupied. I feel a little guilty saying how much I'm enjoying myself and the break I'm getting through this new arrangement where my son sleeps over every other weekend at my ex's place.
I talked to my T about what the doctor said about my IP stay and she was shocked too. So, in turn she called the doctor to clarify why she thought that. It had to do with the certification I think and how much resistance I put up. How they had to watch me 24/7 - even moving me to a room that was in the line of vision from the nurse's station - because I kept dumping out my Boost from the ng tube, watering it down, turning it off, etc. I didn't mean to be a brat like that or to make it more difficult for them, I just was so terrified of all the calories they were pumping into me. I don't think IP is EASY for anyone and I don't think it was tougher on me than on the average ED'd person. I'm still hurt that it seems like they think I was being a tough patient on purpose.
Anyways, I have another big day of shopping in the states. I'm so glad our dollar is almost on par with the american one!
No comments:
Post a Comment