Tuesday, November 17, 2015

K Levels

Over the weekend my BMI dropped below 18.5. I know that is still nowhere near worrisome weight territory, but it is a milestone of sorts for me in my warped mind.
Went for my annual physical on Friday. BP was low, I have orthostatic hypotension (no surprise there), low blood sugar, and potassium was low, vitamin D is low. On the plus side, cholesterol levels are great! I am slightly freaked about the potassium, mostly because of previous experiences with TERRIBLE muscle cramps in my legs that would come on with zero warning. The thing is, I am not purging these days. I did it once 2 weeks ago (no binge, just purged when I felt I ate too much). I haven't been purging, so how is my Potassium low!? I eat lots of mushrooms, broccoli, things that are potassium rich... I do not take laxatives or diuretics either.

Knowing my extensive ED history, she wants me to come in every 2 weeks and to start seeing a therapist. I'm not sure about the biweekly doctor visits, but I do agree seeing a T would be really useful. I am just overwhelmed with the list of therapists she gave me. How do you even start choosing someone from a list of over 10!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you will see that there is more to life than appointments, therapy, labs, concern, BMIs, losing weight, etc. It sounds like you have a partner that really loves you and that alone is something very special. And don't forget your son. Going down the ED path will do nothing for you, or them.

    ReplyDelete