I'm an accountant / mom / wife from Seattle. Struggling with a long history of ED, BPD and SI.
Monday, September 24, 2012
US Consulate Immigration Interview
We are in Montréal! Believe it or not, the only place in Canada that they do these Spousal visa interviews is at the US Consulate in Montréal, Québec. We made a vacation out of it since we have all never been here before. It is a beautiful city!
On the day of the interview, C went super early and stood outside at 7:30am. Even this early he was the second person in line. I showed up closer to 9am with my son when the doors were about to open. It was scary taking the train alone and rushing to the most important appointment of our lives. I almost got lost, but figured it out just in time.
OUR VISAS WERE APPROVED!!! The interview was so easy. They were really nice and the only question they asked was how we met. We are now Greencard Holders!!! It took 9 months from initial application to approval. That is pretty fast, from what I'm told. A few other couples also waiting that day told us that it took them over a year. I'm pretty pleased, since we did it ourselves - no lawyers - and I was really diligent with the paperwork and making sure everything was completed fully to cut down on the back and forth and processing time for incomplete applications.
Now we just need to wait for our hearing to see if we are allowed to move down here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment