Monday, May 2, 2011

Accepted Offer - I bought a CONDO!!!

I put an offer on a condo this past Saturday, April 30. A couple counter offers back n forth that day then by midnight it was accepted!!! My realtor is an extremely patient, wonderful guy. After 6 months of looking almost every weekend, offering on 1 condo and not being successful, coming THISCLOSE to offering on 3 others only to have them scooped out from under my nose by other buyers...

I feel a whole mixed bag of emotions.
EXCITEMENT - I will finally have my own place and I'm moving forward with the next stage of my life.

FEAR - Mortgage. Debt. Need I say more?

WORRY - Did I make the right choice? Am I healthy enough to swing this and can I really make this work as a single parent in the long run?

Overall, I this place fits almost every single thing I wanted in a condo. It is 2 blocks away from work, shopping, transit, and right across from an elementary school for Zach. He will be in kindergarden in 2012. Now the next 2 weeks will be a matter of sorting out home inspections, mortgages, reading minutes, etc. I'm hoping that this excitement will help me stay healthy. That now I will have "too much at stake" to lose by getting sick. Now I have a mortgage and I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO take responsiblity since there is so much more to lose if I lose. ya know? Maybe this will be a very good thing for me.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best of luck! Living alone can be very hard but also very empowering. I hope it is more the latter than the prior for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's GREAT!!! I know the feeling...not of having a condo but of the freedom and excitement that having your own place elicits. The key is keeping those positive feelings at the forefront of your heart rather than letting ED stomp all over them! Speaking from experience - you can have all the incentive in the world to stay well, but it won't do a damn bit of good sitting there on a shelf in your mind. I truly believe that wellness grows from the heart, and in the end, it's all up to you to plant the seed :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good for you Tia! :) I hope this is just what you need to help you get out of your rut and take on more responsibility. I bet it will be nice to have a break from your mom as well!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on your fb and I am soooo happy for you!! I think that this can be a great "new" start for you in some ways. I know that you are strong enough to do anything you put your mind to and now you'll be independent and free of anyone else to hold you back. Also, it just sounds smart -- you looked for a good place for you and for Zach and I hope that you'll be very happy there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you made the right choice. I hope the condo that you bought meets your satisfaction. Thanks for sharing.

    -pia-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy for you!!! Let this be the motivation to get healthier and stay well.

    You can do it!

    {{{Hugs}}}
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting! I'm so hopeful it will be a motivating factor in your life...I'm glad you did it. Just because you struggle doesn't mean you should stop living. I think that just satisfies the illness more. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, thank you for your great post. I really appreciate the efforts you have put in your blog .It is interesting and helpful. Good luck with it!

    house for sale

    ReplyDelete