Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Lab

Just a little thing that bugs me. The lab for weekly bloodwork.
I already feel self-conscious going in there every week, amongst all the geriatric patients.

Usually the staff are really nice and they recognize me and we chit-chat, but there was this new girl working at the front counter. She had to check all my info and in doing so, she said loudly, "so these results are going to the eating disorders clinic at x hospital?" Well of course all the heads turn to check me out - the real life anorexic - and I immediately feel self conscious and not thin enough. I wish it wouldn't matter what others thoght. I'm afraid they'd look and think: well she's too fat to have an ed.

I haven't been around the past week - was in hospital just getting blood sugars and lytes back in check. But I hope to be around and post more often. Xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. Were you in medical? Thats too bad.
    I can relate to the lab situation. I live in a VERY small town so all the lab techs know why I'm there and they feel free to openly chat about it. I also go weekly- not my favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I feel self consious when my mom tells the nurse I have an ED/: it's just a secret i'd like to keep to myself. But don't worry. it's a hospital, they're not judging you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear you were in hosp. i just got out on sunday myself. hope things are looking up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the worst is when a lab tech or med assistant or even a dental hygenist finds out you have AN , and then they want to chat you up about dieting and weight loss tips. It's like, are you serious?

    Sorry you had to be IP. Take care of yourself ok?

    ReplyDelete