Sorry for the rant, but I had to get this out. I was THISCLOSE to snapping at my overly-friendly-super-nosy-coworker when she came into my office to peek at what I was eating and commented, "Oh, that's nice, you're having a VARIETY of vegetables instead of just lettuce like you usually do." It took so much self control for me to not snap at her and comment back, "Well, while we're on this topic, great job! I noticed that you only had 1 chocolate bar with your coffee today instead of 2! Tee hee".
That is such a huge pet peeve: People commenting on your food.
Whether it's what you are eating or what you are buying at the grocery store or the WAY you are eating it. Just because somebody is skinny does not make it any more okay to comment. You would NEVER say something about the greasiness or fat content of an obese person's meal. People just don't see it the other way around.
Especially when you're trying to keep ANY food down, period, let alone with knowing that other people are keeping an eye on what you're eating. Makes for a pretty awkward situation for me anyways.
Mind your own business you nosy little b-iotches!
your co-worker is just jealous because your skinny and beautiful and she is getting fatter by the second!!
ReplyDeleteAhh, I've had people at work comment on my small portion sizes of salad that I bring for lunch. I don't like it either and it makes me feel uncomfortable.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Cassie
Ah, I can totally relate, hun. I recently found myself at a social shindig where everyone was loading up their plates, buffet-style, and because I'm gluten-intolerant I had a good excuse to leave a lot of things off mine, but still...all of what I DID have on my plate was in VERY tiny portions. One of the guys there (who I've known for years) suggested quite loudly that I take another few helpings of this or that or the other, and then asked (even more loudly) "You're not...like...trying to watch you WEIGHT, are you? Because that would be...ridiculous...You're already too thin. Are you *seriously* trying to LOSE more WEIGHT?!" Of course, everyone starts looking over and then it's a big fucking deal by that point...
ReplyDelete*exasperated sigh*
Yes. I feel ya. No need to apologize for the rant. It's well warranted.
*hugs*
Stay lovely, my dear.
<3
P.D.
OK, Skinny Jeans, relax. That's a triggering comment kind of.
ReplyDeleteTia, it IS annoying when people comment. People are obsessed with food and think it's "OK" to comment on what other people are eating. I find it very awkward and don't understand why anyone says anything.
UGH, I have to bitch. Skinny Jeans: you are sick and regardless of your weight, you're doing damage and doing damage to others.
ReplyDeleteTia, I'm disappointed to see you commented on SJ's scale post, talking about needing to lose weight before going inpatient. That is SICK. You do not need to lose weight, goddamnit! And I'm seriously thinking that...I might have to give up on reading your blog because you just don't seem to have any willingness to see any other way. And the fact that you follow really triggering people, encourage them, and are influenced by them...all this PRO-ANA bullshit ... well, just that's just not good.
Tia, I wish you well. I hope IP helps you. Honestly, I don't think it will, because I don't think you want it. I know that you could do it if you wanted to, but I don't think you want it. Sorry. I think you'll just fight it tooth and nail.
You're fucking skinny (and I know at least a part of you knows that) and you're going to act out before admitted into an inpatient program so you can be the worst! Let me know when you realize how fucked up that is.
Sorry I can't be the most compassionate person and I'm saying all this, but I'm truly sickened.
bananas - i understnad you taking away the rights to read your blog. i know how people are sick of the ED and basically sick of *me* for still being like this when i have a son, how can i be so selfish, blah blah blah. but the thing is, I am HONEST and that's more than I can say for some people. At times I'm more pro-recovery at other times I'm stuck or wanting to lose weight. I say what I feel here. Thanks for your comments and for challening me, etc. TAke care.
ReplyDeleteSkinny Jeans - RIght now it sounds like we're in a lot of the same mindset... I love your blog, glad I found it.
PD - lol i can picture that situation... the salad dilemma. normal ppl can eat salad but not when your underweight. OH NO... the skinny girl is eating salad... panic panic... force more food on her. ugh. lol.
Banana's- I'm sorry that you don't like my blog. Then just don't read it. I'm sorry that you think I am sick... Maybe I am but you really don't have the right to bitch at me, does no good and makes me feel worse!!! Every one moves at there own pace at life! You don't know the things that I have been through in life or where I am at in life right now. I'm sorry I pissed you off but please don't bitch at me like you know me!
ReplyDeleteTia- I'm also sorry if I offended you. I had no intention of doing so!
Tia i think you should write whatever you feel...that is what i love about so many blogs...don't censor youself...and, you are not selfish...please, do not let people let you think that!
ReplyDeletei wish you only the very best!
Skinny Jeans i love your blog too!
Wow... big discussion above. I think everyone might as well write what they want... and people who want to recover should avoid reading triggering things if they want. At the same time, it seems like all of us make a post every now and then that might be triggering or sound "sick" because we all struggle from time to time.
ReplyDeleteANYWAY, my actual comment on your post: I have a rabbit, as you might know, and I'm thin. Well, imagine me going grocery shopping and having an entire grocery basket of nothing but lettuce (and like every kind of lettuce too!) MAYBE a bag of carrots. Well, let me just say that if you don't RUN from the produce section straight to the cashier (who knows I have a rabbit and that I buy "normal" food other days of the week) you will receive at least half-a-dozen stares and/or strange comments. One time I bought lettuce and needed an extra box of pudding for some no-bake cookies I was making that day, and this lady even came over to me and told me that she was glad I was buying pudding! If only people knew that we buy rabbit's groceries separate from ours a lot. She goes through a ton of lettuce!
But, yes, food comments are totally annoying. Unless somebody actually wants to know what you're eating because it smells good or they want to eat it too, it's almost always bad. Crazy people. Oh well.
Thanks Tracy! <3
ReplyDeleteit would have taken every ounce of self-control to not yell out that comment too..
ReplyDeleteim really glad that i work in an office with a bunch of guys, and i eat at my desk where no one can see what im eating- the only time they ask is if i have something that smells REALLY good, or really bad!
we are all in the same boat, all the guys are trying to watch their girlish figures, so we've all been eating healthier- less cookies and donuts being brought in, less soda, less huge bags of chips. its a relief for me, cuz the tempation to snack isn't there, but it takes the pressure off of being the resident health nut too :)
next time someone says something about your food- just call them out and say they are being rude. if they get offended you know they knew they were wrong.. keep your chin up ; )
I think it can be considered rude to comment on what people are eating. But, when someone looks like they're anorexic and consumes a small amount of calories. What do you expect them to do? This is not about a skinny girl picking a salad for a meal, this is about a ill looking person not eating enough to sustain a healthy body. Your thinking is twisted. I just think you need a lot of physical and mental help. Please get help. Even if it is for your kid. Life is hard for many people, but we choose our path.
ReplyDelete