I am a 24 year-old single mom and accounting student living in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. I am obsessed with baking, cookbooks and all things food-related. My baking blog is Buttercream Barbie. My favorite things to make are sweet doughs (sticky buns, bread braids, etc.) and anything with cream cheese. Right now the focus of my life is my eating disorder which I have been dealing with since age 10 (yes, it has been present for more than half my life!) Since February 2008 (my son's 1st birthday), things have gone downhill steadily and I currently see 3 doctors, 2 nutritionists, 1 therapist, my family doctor, get weekly bloodwork done and am supposed to go for IP treatment at the hospital. I also deal with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) although it is less present at the moment because of the all-consuming ED.
Some of you may know me already from my old Diaryland account, "emaciana", which is locked up but if you're interested, leave me a message and I'll give you the pw. It was difficult leaving Diaryland because so much of my history is there. D-land has seen me through so much from anorexia to pregnancy to mothering an infant. From 2003 to 2008 I found comfort in posting there and finding amazingly supportive online friends.
My son was born February 24, 2007 and he gets cuter every day. I know these moments pass quickly and I am missing out on a lot of joyful times by being sick. I know I could be a better mom if I were ED-free but I try not to think about that and I take each day as it comes, trying to find the energy to juggle all of life's commitments. This blog is going to be a place where I can vent, get things out of my mind into words where I can make sense of them and hopefully a place where I can get and give support.
I thought saying goodbye to Dland was awful too. I had recorded all I lived 2003-2008 there too... new mom in an abusive marriage, finding the drugs and ending it, depression, wild days, Adam, moving away, my 2nd and third babies... so much history shared. It was sad to leave it all behind. :(
ReplyDelete